If you have diabetes, it can be hard to enjoy a delicious dessert without worrying about spiking your blood sugar levels. However, with enough care, skill, and patience you can create your own treats that are both tasty and low in sugar.
Here is our cheesecake recipe for diabetics.
What You’ll Need
As you’re about to see, this recipe is created to have the lowest glycemic index possible. Keep in mind that you can replace Swerve with any similar sugar substitute to reduce your carb count even further. Here is what you’ll need for this cake:
- 3 whole eggs;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 24 oz. cream cheese;
- ½ cup sour cream;
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract;
- 1 tsp. vanilla liquid stevia;
- 1 tsp. lemon juice;
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar substitute (for example Swerve);
- 1 tsp. baking powder;
- ¼ tsp. salt
How To Make It
Here’s how to make this delicious and healthy cheesecake.
- Use a hand mixer to combine all the ingredients until the texture becomes smooth.
- Pour the batter in a greased 8-inch springform pan and wrap the bottom with aluminum foil.
- Put your springform pan in a larger roasting pan, then pour hot water into the roasting pan. Water should be about halfway up its sides.
- Bake for around 45 minutes in an oven preheated to 325°F. Turn off the oven after 45 minutes and leave the cheesecake to rest for one hour in the oven.
- Remove from the oven, cover with plastic foil and refrigerate for at least two hours.
So, there you have it – our healthy cheesecake recipe for diabetics. You can top the cake with sugar-free maple syrup or whipped cream and enjoy it guilt-free.